The PACE Group
Don'ts for Success
Do's and Don'ts for Success
- Do establish new creative recognition programs for employees, customers and civic leaders in your community.
- Do focus on the details. You become great by doing all the little things the right way, more consistently and effectively than your competition.
- Do create a win-win situation.
- Do make your work-life fun! Life is too short not to have fun and have a great sense of humor.
- Do invest in advanced training schools or seminars – Disney Leadership, Covey’s 7 Habits, Pryor Seminars, etc. Be a life-longer learner.
- Don’t let your ego run the organization. Employ good people from good families who are smarter than you and let them do their job. Great leaders never tell their employees how to do their job.
- Do establish clear and simple goals which are understood by everyone.
- Do celebrate from your mistakes. Learn from them. Try not to do them again.
- Don’t worry about the jobs you lost to your competition.
- Don’t badmouth anyone. If you cannot say anything nice about anyone, don’t say anything at all.
- Do lead by example.
- Do have a positive attitude. Remember Positive Attitudes Change Everything (PACE).
- Do remember that your customer may not always be right, but they are never wrong.
- Do remember your clients’ satisfaction is the yardstick by which you measure your company’s success.